OPERA OMAHA AUDITION ANNOUNCEMENT
SWEENEY TODD ENSEMBLE
The auditions will be held at the Bluebarn Theater 1106 South 10th Street Omaha, NE
on the following days:
Thursday, Oct 1 5:30-7:30pm
Friday, Oct 2 5:30-7:30pm
Saturday, Oct 3 2-4pm
A pianist will be provided.
- Please prepare one song of your choosing that shows off your vocal range. This selection should be in English. Please bring a copy of the sheet music for the accompanist. The panel reserves the right to only hear a portion of your selection.
- In addition to your song, please prepare the excerpt provided by Opera Omaha for your appropriate vocal part
- SOPRANOS (G3-D6), NB Soprano 1s MUST have a strong high voice, to C# and D6
- ALTOS (G3-G5)
- TENORS (A2-Db5)
- BARITONES (F#2 -Ab4) NB This can be a high baritone OR a lower tenor.
- BASSES (F#2-F4)
- A wide variety of roles will come from the ensemble. Ensemble members must have strong trained voices and good musicianship. The Ensemble should be confident movers. The ensemble in this production will be working together as a unified and evolving presence to create various stage pictures and emotional landscapes reflecting and amplifying the story. Must be willing to work in a wide range of movement, from pedestrian/gestural to more athletic and precise. No formal dance experience necessary. Ensemble must also be able to demonstrate a strong concentration, intensity, and the ability to play “characters." There are many important solo lines for the ensemble members in the show, including one trio of tenors and one quintet for 5 voices.
- All ethnicities and ages are encouraged to audition.
- Ensemble will receive the music in advance, along with supplementary study tools. You are expected to have a good working knowledge of the music BEFORE the first music rehearsal. Reading music is required.
- Please dress for movement during the audition.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE AUDITIONING
- The first music rehearsal is March 16th, 2021. The final performance is April 18th, 2021.
- Ensemble will not be excused in advance from the final room run (April 6th) or any rehearsal thereafter, or any performance. Last minute changes will be taken into consideration.
- Late arrivals and early departures from rehearsals must be approved in advance but are highly discouraged.
- Each conflict will be handled on an individual basis.
- Ensemble will receive the music in advance, along with supplementary study tools. You are expected to have a good working knowledge of the music BEFORE the first music rehearsal.
- Current COVID-19 safety protocols for performers will be followed and provided to registered auditionees prior to the audition.
TO SCHEDULE AN AUDITION
Please contact Stephanie Shattuck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reserve your audition slot by Friday, September 25.