Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Status: Full Time, Salaried
Reports to: Managing Director
Salary: $64,000 annually + benefits
WHO WE ARE + WHAT WE DO
Opera Omaha, a non-profit performing arts organization, is a growth-minded, high energy, and innovative company with a demanding mission: producing opera performances in multiple formats and styles and co-creating artist-led programs for a variety of community service organizations. We believe the power of opera is transformational, and as a result supports the creation of an inventive, creative, empathetic and inclusive community that inspires joy, self-discovery, kinder discourse, and opportunity for all.
RACIAL EQUITY CENTERED STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION IS A TOP PRIORITY OF OPERA OMAHA BECAUSE WE VALUE AND PROMOTE DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND ANTI-RACISM.
Opera Omaha recognizes systemic racism in our art form and remains committed to disrupting it in pursuit of justice and equity for all of our colleagues
HOW YOU’D FIT IN + STAND OUT
Opera Omaha is seeking a dynamic, human-centered and relational leader to serve as Director of Development who has a passion for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. Reporting to the Managing Director, this position is responsible for building and cultivating strong relationships with individual donors and patrons as well as key businesses, foundations, government and other community partners to ensure that Opera Omaha maximizes sustainable contributed revenue. This individual is responsible for managing and integrating the functions of staff, Board, committees and auxiliary groups associated with resource development.
The Director of Development works in close partnership with the General Director and Managing Director. This departmental leader is an innovative, results-oriented person; has exceptional attention to detail; has strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent analytical, organizational, reasoning and problem solving abilities.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES + EXPECTATIONS
- Strategize, create, implement, and monitor a comprehensive contributed revenue plan for upcoming and long range projects.
- Cultivate and support Opera Omaha’s major constituent groups.
- Coordinate and/or solicit gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other sources; maintain on-going relationships with key leaders in each area.
- Oversee and expand the planned giving program.
- Manage department revenue and expense budgets consistent with organizational requirements; assist in planning including collaboration with Director of Finance on revenue/expense budgeting and projections.
YOU ARE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU ARE:
- A highly relational person who enjoys meeting and developing connections with people within and outside an organization
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, stay organized and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A strategic thinker who is comfortable developing and driving execution of a comprehensive fundraising plan
- A team player who enjoys collaboration while developing compelling fundraising strategies
- Passionate about racial justice, social equity, and an understanding of systemic and institutional racial bias
- Minimum 5 years of progressive fundraising experience in an organization of similar or larger size; equivalent experience in a related field will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience cultivating and securing major gifts and sponsorships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or fundraising certification a strong plus.
- Medical, dental, and life as part our commitment to investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees. Upgraded or alternative benefits are an additional cost to the employee.
- Retirement savings plans: 403b savings plan with Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) and no employee match requirement
- Flexible time off and holiday pay
We seek applicants from ALL backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Opera Omaha is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We value diverse experiences, including with regard to educational background and justice system contact, and depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission.
To Apply: Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Jenny Daggett, Director of Finance and Human Resources: email@example.com and include "Director of Development” in the subject line of the email. Please include writing samples if available.