Location: Omaha, Nebraska Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Producing Director
Compensation: $35,000 annual salary + benefits
WHO WE ARE + WHAT WE DO
Opera Omaha, a non-profit performing arts organization, is a growth-minded, high energy, and innovative company with a demanding mission: producing opera performances in multiple formats and styles and co-creating artist-led programs for a variety of community service organizations. We believe the power of opera is transformational, and as a result supports the creation of an inventive, creative, empathetic and inclusive community that inspires joy, self-discovery, kinder discourse, and opportunity for all.
RACIAL EQUITY CENTERED STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION IS OUR NEXT STEP IN OUR ASPIRATION TO BE AN EQUITABLE AND ANTI-RACIST ORGANIZATION.
We aim to model a welcoming environment for all identities on our team because we see diversity and inclusion as a central component within our organization. Our staff of approximately 25 full-time personnel work primarily within a central administrative and rehearsal office located in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, the unceded land of the Umaha people whose traditions of storytelling connect to our work. Read more about our mission and history at www.OperaOmaha.org.
HOW YOU’D FIT IN + STAND OUT
Opera Omaha is currently seeking an Operations Manager with the ability to provide concierge-level service to artistic and production contractors, master calendar management, and accounts payable/expense tracking support for the Operations department.
This position serves as the business and logistics hub of the Artistic/Production/Technical and Engagement Programs functions of the organization. The Operations Manager has essential functions in the Operations Department administration, including artist concierge services (contracting, fee payments, coordination of travel and housing); departmental financial operations, calendar management, and other office duties. They provide support and coordination for the artistic, production/technical activities for the company’s mainstage productions, site-specific productions, festival productions, engagement programs, galas, special events and performances, and annual programming (hereinafter referred to throughout this document as, “Productions”). The Operations Manager ensures that all aspects of his/her work is in adherence to established parameters and supports the artistic and financial goals of the company.
You will bring warm and a welcoming attitude, attention to detail, and the desire to utilize and adapt systems for continuous improvement.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES + EXPECTATIONS
- Create and execute hospitality services for artistic, design and production guests, including overall contract administration for the Operations Department and collection of applicable tax forms.
- Arrange travel and housing for programming needs. Manage relationship with housing partners and car rental agencies.
- Coordinate, collect and proof artistic, production/technical and community engagement materials for program book and all materials related to the Operations Department.
- Provide rehearsal and logistic support to Production team
- Primary administration of organization calendar, including training of others.
- With the Producing Director, administer and maintain detailed financial expense tracking and projections, payable schedules and reconciliation of credit card expenses for Operations Department.
You are an ideal candidate if you are:
- A person who enjoys creating solutions regarding contract fulfillment, travel challenges or hotel issues, with a desire for the best experience for our contractors.
- Detail oriented with a desire to accurately track and forecast expenses in an Excel spreadsheet environment.
- A collaborative team player who enjoys working with internal and external teams to meet deadlines and achieve goals, sometimes under tight timelines – yet flexible at balancing priorities or procedures.
- Willing to work outside of normal business hours when needed, including some evenings and weekends to support programming, performances, and other Opera Omaha initiatives
- Interested in supporting the work of performing artists.
- Experience in business, hospitality or performing arts office environments, including proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Bachelor’s degree in music, theatre or other arts. 2-5 years of successful hospitality or business office experience may substitute for educational requirement.
- Experience with performing arts and work in a theater or production environment
- Experience in a non-profit organization or setting
We seek applicants from ALL backgrounds to join our team and encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Opera Omaha is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Opera Omaha will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Please send your resume, cover letter describing your fit to the position described to Jenny Daggett, Director of Finance and Human Resources at email@example.com to apply.
Position open until filled.